Thursday, May 17, 2012

Top 11 Original Scores



"There are few people in England, I suppose, who have more true enjoyment of music than myself, or a better natural taste. If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient."- Lady Catherine in Pride & Prejudice

~

I love original scores. The naptime CD I play for my students everyday is made up of calm songs from movies from the 90s and 2000s. During "yoga" (breathing exercises) we sometimes put on original scores, identifying and pretending to play the instruments we hear.

I feel a bit like the ever-so-haughty Lady Catherine when I say that if I could play the piano, I'd be the best film composer of all time. But, seriously, I do regret forcing my parents to relent in their efforts to make me musical. After 3 years of piano and 2.5 years of temper-tantrums, I could play "Mary had a Little Lamb" and "French Children's Song." Yikes.

Anyway, scores are my passion (but not my expertise) and here a few of the best:


















     





















































































































9. Avatar































1 comment: